Our client, located in Fort Eustis, Newport News, VA, is currently in need of a VxRail and VMware Engineer for a 6 month contract. The consultant will work onsite in support of the planning and deployment of a new VxRail environment running VMware vSphere and Horizon. The customer will need help with best practices for VMware vSphere and VxRail infrastructure mgmt. as they look to consolidate vCenter servers and move data centers across the campus. Part of the role will be consolidating older VMware environments into a new vCenter cluster running the latest version.
- Plan and engineer new environment alongside the lead architect
- Provide guidance and best practices for new vSphere and vCenter consolidations
- Oversee the transition of projects between new and old environment
- Assist with repurposing of old equipment as needed
- Assisting the customer with transitional responsibilities related to post-implementation management, and knowledge transfer to support the solution environment.
- Sharing ownership of transitional responsibilities for solution migration, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, provisioning, and service level alignments.
- Assisting with the solution documentation of policies and procedures in conjunction with the compliance manager(s) and with other key stakeholders.
- Providing knowledge transfer of best practices to address customer’s skills and resource gaps, to ensure successful implementation of customer’s technologies.
- Experience with VMware vSphere and vCenter design and deployment
- Strong VxRail infrastructure management experience
- Ability to migrate VMs across vCenter servers and ensure compatibility as VMs are upgraded to latest version
- Ability to work onsite in Newport News, VA