Our client, a large government contractor with offices in Annapolis Junction, MD and Linthicum, MD is in need of a Top Secret/SCI Full Scope Poly Cleared Windows Systems Administrator to work onsite for a 6-month contract engagement. The Windows Systems Administrator will maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management. Support multiple networks and ensure necessary administration tasks are completed, while directing others as necessary. Take initiative and exercise resourcefulness to identify, research, and resolve technical problems. Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems. Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management. Provide backup and recovery services, manage file systems and disk space, and manage virus protection on a routine basis. Create and maintain user and computer accounts, and modify file permissions and security access lists. Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact. Create, update, and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs). Configure, test, and implement requirements in accordance with government IT security policies, as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM). Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security. Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts. Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Associate’s degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience, or Master’s degree and 3 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent and 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Windows Server (2012, 2016, 2019) management experience.
- Current DoD Top Secret security clearance with SCI Full Scope Poly; the ability to maintain the required security clearance will be a condition of continued employment.
- The selected candidate will be required to obtain a polygraph within a reasonable period of time, as determined by customer and/or program requirements; maintaining a current DoD Top Secret security clearance with the required polygraph will be a condition of continued employment.
- Current Security+CE certification or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire date; maintaining the required certification will be a condition of continued employment.
- Experience managing Windows Server OS and domain architecture.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Microsoft Exchange (on premise) installation, configuration, and management experience.
- Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
- Hands on VMWare experience with current versions.
- Knowledge of and experience using environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Windows/Splunk).
- Rudimentary Scripting experience.
- Experience with creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience performing manual & automated systems hardening.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- DoD 8570/8140 certification in primary OS (Windows or RHEL).