Our client, a large government contractor with offices in Annapolis Junction, MD and Linthicum, MD is in need of a Top Secret/SCI Full Scope Poly Cleared Network Administrator to work onsite for a 6-month contract engagement. The Network Administrator will maintain smooth operation of the classified network. Plan, design, configure, and install network hardware in support of customer requirements. Maintain technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, gateways, etc. Propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Create and ensure that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions. Provide regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems. Install and configure Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls. Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, Trunking (port tagging), Spanning-Tree, and Port Security. Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Design and implement an enterprise network.
- Associate’s degree and 11 years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of experience, or Master’s degree and 7 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent and 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with SCI with full scope Poly is required on Day 1 of employment; the ability to maintain the required security clearance will be a condition of continued employment.
- IAT Level II certification is required on Day 1 (Security+CE, CCNA-Security, SSCP, etc.); maintaining the required certification will be a condition of continued employment.
- Experience designing and maintaining LAN & WAN based networks.
- Experience with managing routing protocols on large LAN environments.
- Experience with Cisco hardware and setting up switched networks.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IS related field.
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE certification.
- Previous experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices; experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools (i.e. WireShark, Opnet, etc.).