Our client, a large government integrator located at Camp Smith, HI, is looking to hire a TS/SCI mid-level Network Engineer for a 12-month contract. The consultant will work onsite at Camp Smith and will only be asked for minimal local travel. The Network Engineer will be tasked with identifying, analyzing, and resolving network problems as well as determining network specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
The consultant will be responsible for collaborating with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes. The consultant will work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- 2+ years of Network Engineering experience
- Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (without Bachelor’s Degree must have 5+ years’ experience)
- Must possess a current CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- Must possess a completed CCNA certification.
- Must complete a CCNP certification within twelve months of hire.
- Must meet DOD 8750 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access
- Knowledge and experience with routing and switching protocols (e.g., OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Spanning Tree Protocol, ISAKMP, ESP, SIP, SCCP, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with current Cisco IOS software and hardware features
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies
- Knowledge and experience with data center networking
- Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
- Must be willing to travel locally (minimal travel required)