Our client, a large government contractor with offices in Sterling, VA, is in need of a Top Secret Cleared Linux Systems Administrator for a 6 month contract to hire position. The Systems Administrator will work onsite in support of Linux and VMware systems.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Install, upgrade, and maintain smooth operation of multi-user Linux based systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks while ensuring necessary administration tasks are completed and directing others as necessary.
- Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system to include upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services, manage file systems, and disk space, and manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact. Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed. Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components. Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Associate’s degree and 11 years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of experience, or a Master’s degree and 7 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent with 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Active IAT Level II certification (ex: Security+ CE)
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Linux workstation and server management experience, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) running in virtual space.
- Windows AD, LDAP, VMware, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
- Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and vLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Windows Server management experience.
- Red Hat certification for current version.
- VMware experience with current version.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/SolarWinds/Splunk).
- Rudimentary Scripting experience.
- Experience with the creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.