Our client, located in northern CA, is currently in need of a Systems Implementation Engineer for a 6 month contract. The consultant will work as a travelling consultant, implementing VxRail and PowerFlex infrastructure and associated software solutions at client sites throughout the region. The team will train the consultant on the specific HCI solution and is looking for experience around servers, server networking and VMware virtualization. The position will be training-focused to start and then turn into a traveling implementation role in the northern CA area.
- 5 or more years of systems support experience
- Experience with VMware vSphere deployments
- Knowledge of other VMware products such as VCF, vSAN, vSwitches, NSX and/or Horizon
- Experience installing and configuring Windows and Linux OS’
- Experience with SAN and/or NAS storage technology
- Experience installing network switches and getting servers on the network
- Ability to perform physical installation and cabling of rack mounted servers and switches
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to follow training manuals and pickup new technology quickly
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Ability to travel locally up to 75%, 25% remote on average.
- Must provide own vehicle for local travel.
- There could be travel outside the northern CA area
- Expenses are covered
Nice to have Skills:
- Any experience installing, configuring, administering Microsoft & Linux operating systems a plus
- Experience with VCF
- VCP certification
- CCNA certification