Our client, a telecommunications company in Englewood, CO, is currently in need of a Sr. Network Automation Test Engineer for an 18-month contract in Englewood, CO. The consultant will work a mix of 3 days onsite and 2 days remote as part of a hybrid schedule in Englewood, CO in support of our client’s Network Lab Team to help build out their network automation test platform. The Engineer will join an existing team of 20 responsible for access architecture latency testing for our client’s red network including HFC (Hybrid Fiber Coax), and FTTH (Fiber to the Home) as part of the sustaining engineering team. This is the team that develops the environment to be deployed to the field, troubleshoots field issues reported, and works with vendors for root/cause and fixes.
- 8 years of experience of automation test development, design, and hands on network test experience with layer 2/3 and service provider route and switch.
- Must have strong experience with network test instruments like ByteBlower, Wireshark, ParagonX, Ixia, lperf, NetPerf, etc.
- Must have a strong understanding of network performance metrics, latency identification, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of CPE device architecture, management (TR-069), communication protocols, and operation in cable MSO environment
- Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model.
- Hands on network test experience.
- Conceptualize, design, and development experience for automation testing across multiple platforms, devices, and operating systems.
- Software development experience skills with Linux in embedded systems, C/C++, Python, Golang, and shell scripting.
- Automation scripting development with Python and/or Golang experience is required and someone that enjoys doing it.
- Basic knowledge in DOCSIS and OSI model.
- Knowledge of code management systems and processes, including GitHub
- Must be a self-starter, be able to chase down solutions, attention to detail, and be a go-getter, like breaking things, and figuring out why they broke.
- Excellent written and oral communication and collaboration skills are required. Cross-team communication, writing technical documentation, and detailed test plans. Energy level and passion for their work and the technology will be key.
- Must be onsite in Englewood, CO, and be able to work onsite as part of a hybrid schedule.
- Hybrid schedule is currently 3 days onsite and 2 days remote each week.
- An understanding of Wi-Fi network performance metrics.
- Basic knowledge of CPE device architecture, management (TR-069), communication protocols, and operation in cable MSO environment
- Basic knowledge in LLD/L4S.