Our client, a real estate technology company in Miami, FL, is in need of a Senior IT Controls and Compliance Auditor for a six-month contract-to-hire position. Working in a hybrid model of three days/week onsite, this position conducts audits of the information technology control design and effectiveness in accordance with information technology & security, authoritative sources including corporate standards; Sarbanes Oxley (SOX); Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT); National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST); and/or International Organization of Standards (ISO).
- Conducts internal, information technology audits and rigorous control self-testing programs to ensure controls are designed adequately and working effectively to mitigate information technology and security risks within agreed policies, procedures, standards and risk limits.
- Audits, assesses and ascertains that controls and processes are in place to ensure that information technology risks have been adequately managed and in line with business priorities.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on information technology policy, standards and framework and proactively bridges the gap between control requirements, technical issues and business risks.
- Proactively researches changes in the industry, information technology governance and external risk compliance landscape.
- Ensures information technology risk management practices are embedded in the enterprise and that systems and data criticality and sensitivity are defined.
- Constructs corrective action plans for resolution of control weaknesses and provides expert guidance on how to avoid and prevent similar situations in the future.
- Delivers key performance indicators on audit issue and control weakness closure rate. Conduct testing and validation of remediation action plans and enhancements to control routines.
- 10+ years of technical audit and/or related governance experience with working knowledge of information technology governance, information technology quality assurance, and/or information security risk assessment
- Strong identity/access management experience, preferably experience with SailPoint
- Knowledge and experience auditing Information Technology and Cloud Security controls in accordance with SOX, COBIT, NIST, ISO, etc.
- Strong Excel skills – VLOOKUP, etc.
- Excellent communication and program management skills
- Experience with AuditBoard preferred
- CISA certification highly preferred