Our client, a large government contractor with offices in Roy, Utah, is in need of a Secret Cleared Storage Engineer to work onsite for a 6-12 month contract to hire position. The Storage Engineer will perform Brocade and MDS FC Switch administration. Backup solution experience including PPDM, Rubrik, and Cohesity. Data replication strategies and disaster recovery technologies. Monitor and troubleshooting daily backups. Provide support to Virtual Infrastructure and VDI Infrastructure for classified environments. Perform periodic maintenance on storage infrastructure when required. Design, administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and performance of VMware systems, hosting hardware, storage infrastructure and Microsoft Windows servers. Implement storage expansion within the infrastructure to maintain high performance and availability. Coordinate with vendors to replace storage hardware when necessary. Ensure all storage infrastructure is properly integrated with our network stack / switches. Maintain inventory of all current storage in relation to specifications, vendors, warranties, lifespan. Develop storage alerting to ensure quick response time. Develop procedures for data recoveries and document them.
- Associate’s degree and 11 years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of experience, or Master’s degree and 7 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent and 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- 8+ years’ experience maintaining, monitoring, and administrating storage solutions for block and file arrays.
- Windows or Linux Server Administration & Management experience.
- The ability to be granted special program access (SAP/SAR) within 1 year of hire date.
- Experience architecting and implementing storage and backup solutions.
- Fiber Channel switching experience (Brocade or Cisco MDS).
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher
- Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance as a condition of continued employment.
Nice to have
- Current Security + CE (or other DoD 8570 certification), or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire date.
- Scripting and automation experience
- Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Experience managing systems under NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG system environments.