Our client, with CONUS and OCONUS locations, is currently in need of a Secret cleared Senior Network Engineer for a 6 month contract. The consultant will travel 75% to government locations CONUS and OCONUS, with expenses covered, in support of the implementations, configurations and hardening of Dell ToR network switches. The infrastructure has already been implemented and hardened in the lab and needs to be implemented into production post ATO. The IA team has already selected recommended STIGs to be implemented.
- Coordinate with our technical solution team members to meet customer needs
- Design and deploy Dell product solutions on-site and/or remotely
- Proactively identify potential issues and drive resolution to avoid impact to our customers; facilitate continuous improvement
- Build and sustain effective communications with all stakeholders and cross-functional teams to maximize the customer experience
- Provide remote and on-site configuration deployment support to field resources or delivery partners
- Review and understand the deployment workbook before dispatching to a customer site..
- 10 years of networking, virtualization or compute experience
- Experience with network switch configurations, preferably Dell S5212
- Extensive experience supporting:
- Routing protocols, BGP, EVPN, OSPF, RIPv1/v2, ISIS, EIGRP, FRAME-RELAY, ISDN, MPLS, IP multicast, QOS, policy routing, packet filtering, wireless,
- Networking OS architecture and performance issues.
- Spanning Tree protocol and its variants (xSTP),
- Virtual Link Trunking (VLT)
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol
- Knowledge of DOD STIG switch hardening
- The team will train on STIG implementation best practices
- Understand the technical details of the planned Dell switching product implementations regarding customer environments and system requirements.
- Understand and implement system design, propose and communicate requirements to all solution stakeholders (internal and external).
- Comply and implement the Network Deployment Workbook for each assigned customer engagement.
- Experience with top of rack switch security hardening using STIGs
- Active DoD Secret or higher clearance
- Ability to travel 75% both domestically and internationally
- Credit card for expenses (to be reimbursed weekly)
- Active passport with at least 12 months left til expiration
- VxRail experience
- PowerEdge server experience
- STIG experience for Dell VxRail and PowerEdge R6515 servers