Our client, a large government contractor with offices in Linthicum, MD, is in need of a Secret Cleared Network Engineer for a 6 month contract to hire engagement. The Network Administrator will work onsite in support of the installation, support and ongoing operations of the network.
Day to day tasks:
- Maintain efficient operation of LAN/WAN/VPNs.
- Plan, design, configure, and install network hardware in support of customer requirements.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, gateways, etc.
- Propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Create and ensure that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provide regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
- Install and configure Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, Trunking (port tagging), Spanning-Tree, and Port Security.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Implement and troubleshoot WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3)
- Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
- Design and implement an enterprise network.
- Recommend data, voice, or video network investment options to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future network performance, stability, and network management issues.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Associate’s degree with 7 years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 3 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent with 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or Higher
- Experience installing & maintaining Cisco brand networking equipment for both LAN & WAN configurations, not limited to IOS updates, port security, VLANs, routing protocols, IP filtering, and event logging.
- Current Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar DoD 8570 security certification; maintaining the required certification will be a condition of continued employment. .
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IS related field.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG.
- Cisco CCNA , CCNP, or CCIE certification.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (e.g., HBSS, Solar Winds, Splunk).
- Experience using network analysis tools (e.g., Wireshark, Opnet, etc.).
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- Experience giving technical presentations to technical and non-technical attendees.