Our client, a luxury goods retailer, is looking to hire a DevOps Cloud Engineering Lead for a 6 month contract to start with chance of extension. The consultant will be working remotely providing leadership and hands-on mentorship to other DevOps and Cloud Engineers on the team. There are about 6-8 resources that would fall under this lead. The consultant will be placed on a project team who is working to build out and develop IaC from scratch. The Lead Engineer will be expected to be an expert with CDK.
The Engineer will need to write IaC specifically using Python and CDK. The consultant will also be working with applications written in both .NET and Java.
- Must have senior and lead level experience for DevOps Engineering leading a team of engineers.
- 10 years IT experience with a software development background
- Strong AWS cloud background
- Must have expert level experience with CDK
- Strong hands on experience with Python
- Must be able to analyze, design, and configure DevOps CICD processes, platforms, tools, and services for the build and deployment of company applications
- Experience with API Gateway
- Experience with Java and/or .NET programming
- Experience with Cloudfront
- Experience in configuration and deployment of in s3 and fargate
- Experience restoring databases
- 1 + year Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, or Azure Templates infrastructure as code experience
- Experience with configuration languages; YAML, JSON