Our client, a professional services and product company, is currently in need of a TS SCI Cyber Security Engineer for a 12-month contract-to-hire role. The consultant will onsite in the Fort Belvoir, Virginia area in support of our client’s cybersecurity products and services as an onsite resident. Responsibilities will include improving cybersecurity threat detection, hunting posture, investigating incidents, and educating end client on our client’s products and services.
- 5-7 years of Cyber Security and threat detection/hunting experience (Snort experience highly preferred)
- Log, scripting, and script bundling with minimum of Python and/or Golang, (Zeek experience highly prefrred, but must be able to pickup quickly at a minimum)
- Extensive rules management experience (Suricata experience highly prefrred, but must be able to pickup quickly at a minimum)
- SIEM experience – Must have Splunk experience, preferable to have others as well.
- Experience with network protocols (TCP/IP), network apps and services, sniffers, DLP, and understanding network security issues.
- Must have CISSP or CISM certification.
- Must have TS SCI Clearance
- Onsite in Fort Belvoir, VA area
- Kafka and Logstash experience a highly desired.